Information

What Signs Should You Look for if a Dog Eats a House Plant?

What Signs Should You Look for if a Dog Eats a House Plant?



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

A number of common household plants -- including baby's breath, foxglove and poinsettia -- are highly toxic to dogs. When in doubt, head to the vet.

Common Signs

The most common symptoms after eating a toxic plant are vomiting and nausea. Diarrhea, lethargy or weakness and nervousness are also common with some plants. Some plants might cause oral irritation, which could mean anything from red, swollen lips and tongue to burn-like marks.

Emergency Signs

If your dog has trouble breathing or seems extremely agitated or disoriented, head to the vet immediately. Some plants, including amaryllis and daffodil, can be fatal if ingested in large quantities.

References

Resources


Watch the video: Pests! We all hate em. How i manage houseplant pests (August 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos